toy love





when i saw posters appearing around grey lynn saying 'toy love at the gluepot' i was stuck in my tracks... for a few minutes i let myself believe it was true... but then after a quick web search i found that it was just possibly the biggest tease of a promotion ever for the release of their live album for record store day...

one thing i really miss in this life is going to a gig and being hit in the face by the full force and beauty of chris knox's voice live... i have been lucky enough over the years to witness some of best chris knox live shows... he was always good... in a large venue or a small venue, 40 people or 400 people, it never mattered, you always got the full deal... pouring beer into his eyes at the ambassador in pt chev... one night he even put his fingers in my mouth in dunedin back in the 90's... hell, i even still have the message on my phone from the man himself asking me to support the tall dwarfs back in the early 2000's, a night i look back on with great honour and great joy, i wasn't worthy... his show at laneways a coupla years back was one of the greatest musical moments if my life...

i just miss seeing him play live... he is to me the greatest living example of what a genius all round artist and performer should be...