viggo mortensen rules



ever since i saw indian runner in the 90's i have liked viggo mortensen... he was great in that film and since then he's made some great movies... the fight scene in eastern promises has got to be one of the bravest fight scenes ever filmed... he is totally naked and it is one of the most brutal knife fights i've seen in a movie... it's literally nuts!!!

anyway i saw the road the other night and it is as bleak as hell and totally brilliant... as a parent it takes you to places in your head that you don't ever want to go... to a place that is not that out of the realms of possibility... it scared me to think that i might ever have to face that reality with my son or, even worse, my son and my daughter... even just the thought of staying alive as long as humanly possible to look after them really rang true to me... you want to live forever but the fact of the matter is that you won't, so you just want to be in a place where you know your kids are going to be okay when you are gone...

okay, ummmmm anyway... i might go and get myself a coffee...