i love my mum...



my mum rules... she was 79 this year and when i called her in dunedin the other night she was watching the first tobey maguire spiderman movie on tv... quite a few years ago when i came home after a weekend of getting wasted with my mates for sunday tea and mum goes "hello dear, i videotaped the new smashing pumpkins song there if you want to watch it"... i recorded my song "i am rock'n'roll" in my mums spare room in mosgiel where she lives... screaming at the top of my lungs and banging on a broken snare drum like a crazy person for all her elderly neighbours and friends to hear, and all mum said was "that sounds a bit wild, dear"...

my mum used to be a singer in a band called the temuka hawaiians when she was 19... they were quite popular in their day, playing all the dances and once playing to about 3000 folks at the timaru sound shell... she was the lead singer and she played a guitar that was strung up like a ukulele... now that's cool...

my mum is my hero and my greatest inspiration... she has done a lot for me in my life and continues to do so... she is one of the most positive and upbeat people i have ever met and although i know stuff gets her down sometimes she never lets to show... i love my mum...

there i've done it... i've blogged about me mum...